I first fell in love with the macadamia nut cookie when I was writing my cookbook. Macadamia nuts have such a unique flavor and texture, making them an amazing addition to baked goods. They are also really good for you, and it never hurts to add nutrition to your sweet treat. This cookie recipe can be made with just macadamia nuts, or incorporate the white chocolate chips for a little something extra. I made a batch recently and have been keeping them in the freezer, and they are so delicious that way!
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 2 Baking sheets
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Empower Bar Original baking mix pouch see note
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or granulated sugar of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips dairy-free if necessary
- 1/2 cup chopped raw macadamia nuts
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted coconut oil or butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add the Empower Bar baking mix, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. If you are not using a stand-mixer, use a hand-mixer to beat until a dough is formed. You can also use a large spatula to mix all of the ingredients together. Add the chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Beat again until they are blended in the dough.
- Transfer the mixing bowl to the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes to chill. Don’t skip this step!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Once chilled, use a cookie scoop or your hands to gather 2 tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. Place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet, about 2 hours. They will still be soft to the touch when you take them out of the oven, but will firm as they cool.
Get Your Gratisfied Empower Bar Baking Mix
USE CODE HEALTHIFIED TO SAVE ON YOUR ORDER!