This roasted red pepper sauce recipe came together one time when dinner wasn’t planned, wasn’t prepped. I had a red pepper in my fridge waiting to be used, initially bought for a chili that was never made. With my new, go-to cooking method on my mind, I searched for a sauce that I could whip up, hoping I had other ingredients on hand. It turned out I had everything I needed, and even an ingredient that takes this recipe to the next level: Spero Foods “Goat.”
Spero Foods is a brand I discovered organically in my local, natural grocery store. It is a plant-based “cheese” brand which uses sunflower seeds as its base. The “Goat” product is the closest thing to a dairy-free goat cheese I think you can get, and it has been a staple in my fridge ever since. I imagine you can sub this ingredient with real goat cheese, or another dairy-free cheese of choice.
My favorite way to incorporate this red pepper sauce is atop roasted veggies. Consume as a fully plant-based meal, or add a protein of choice. I coated the sauce on roasted cauliflower rice, mushrooms, and zucchini, and then served with salmon. Delicious!
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Blender or food processor
- baking sheet
- 1 red bell pepper quartered
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Spero Foods "Goat" or sub goat cheese or vegan cheese of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the quartered bell pepper on the baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until softened and starting to brown.
- Place the roasted bell pepper in a blender with the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.