I have been celebrating the launch of Gratisfied’s seasonal fall Granola Clusters flavor all week long! Primarily I have been enjoying them atop my morning smoothie bowls, but I have also been playing around with them as an ingredient.
These chocolate covered pumpkin spice energy bites are simultaneously sweet and “spice-y” (not spicy in the traditional sense…you know what I mean). I have been savoring one as my post-dinner sweet treat, and it is the perfect size and sense of satiation. You can also make them without the chocolate coating, but I highly recommend it. The bites come together in a couple simple steps, and can also be made with our Original Clusters as well. Watch this video to see how easy they are!
Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Food processor
For the bites
- 1 cup crushed Gratisfied Pumpkin Spice Granola see note
- 10 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips I used Hu Kitchen brand
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil soft or melted
- In a food processor, combine the pumpkin spice granola and dates. Start blending, and slowly incorporate the melted coconut oil. Continue to process until a sticky batter is formed.
- Using your hands, roll bites of desired size, and place on a parchment paper line baking sheet. Transfer the bites to the fridge for at least an hour or the freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- Once the bites are cold, make the chocolate coating if using. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwaveable safe bowl and heat for 1 minute. Whisk the chocolate mixture vigorously until creamy.
- Using your hands, one by one, dip the energy bites in the chocolate and roll until fully coated. Place them back on the parchment paper line baking sheet. Do this until all of the bites are coated. Transfer the bites back to the refrigerator for at least an hour to set.