With warmer weather this summer season, we are turning to more of those cooling foods to bring the body back into balance. Smoothies, smoothie bowls, chia pudding and coconut yogurt are some of our favorite breakfasts. Need a healthier upgrade idea for ice cream? We’ve got you covered! Each of these recipes pair perfectly with an Empower Bar in some way, not only in taste, but also nutrition – adding more healthy fat and protein to balance blood sugar and keep you satiated.
Green smoothies, like this fruitless option, are such a great way to pack in so much healthy goodness but sometimes you may want just a bit more bang for your buck to keep you full longer. We have had multiple people tell us they are blending an Empower Bar right in to their morning smoothie, and it’s keeping them satisfied for hours!
Strawberry season is a fabulous excuse to make this smoothie bowl. Top with an Empower Bar and any other of the suggested superfoods or fresh fruit. Strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C which is wonderful for your skin and fighting cancer-causing free radicals plus they’re packed with potassium which helps regulate blood pressure. This combo will not only leave you feeling satiated longer, but also proud of the healthy choices you’re making.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 frozen banana
- handful of spinach
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 cup almond milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- Empower bar, crumbled
- chia seeds
- Blend the main ingredients together, add toppings, and enjoy!
Chia pudding is not only a superfood, but it’s a super alternative to oatmeal for breakfast. It’s packed with fiber, calcium, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants which fight cancer-causing free radicals. Pair this chia pudding with a crumbled Empower Bar and you’ll feel satiated for hours while also balancing your blood sugar levels. We tend to like our chia pudding blended.
Coconut yogurt is the perfect dairy-free canvas for a crumbled Empower Bar and fresh fruit. This combo is ideal as a satiating breakfast or post-workout fuel packed with probiotic benefits, heart-healthy omega fats, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries (or other berry of choice)
- Empower bar, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- Scoop the yogurt into a bowl and top with all of the delicious goodness mentioned. Savor and enjoy!
Here’s just another way to be nice to yourself by using healthy ingredients to replace not-so-healthy desserts. This is a perfect vegan and dairy-free dessert for hot summer days that pairs so well with a crumbled Empower Bar…or on top of an Empower Bar for a healthy ‘brownie sundae’…or even in between for a “n’ice cream” sandwich! The possibilities are endless!
Healthified Dairy-Free Vegan “Brownie Sundae”
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons almond milk, or any other non-dairy milk (add more to help the blender of if you want it creamier)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- cherry (optional)
- Add frozen bananas, almond milk, and cinnamon (if using) to processor or high-speed blender. You may need to add a splash more of almond milk to help the blender along or if you want it creamier.
- Scoop into a dish with a crumbled Empower Bar on top or scoop nice cream atop an Empower Bar and don’t forget the cherry on top!