The holiday season is a time to add trimmings to your tree, soups to your meal plan, and mint to your chocolate. In my experience with recipe creating, it’s in the no-bake plant-based bars and brownies that allow for an extract’s flavoring to shine through. And while no-bake desserts are inherently quick and easy with minimal ingredients, my Gratisfied Empower Bar Cacao baking mix makes it even more convenient!
I didn’t come to appreciate the mint-chocolate combination until well into adulthood. Probably because my experience was limited to peppermint patties and mint chocolate ice cream as a kid. Don’t get me wrong – these things are tasty, but perhaps I was more of a chocolate minimalist back then? With a broadened palate, I now know there is a whole world out there for this delicious duo! Now I can’t get enough, and this sweet treat is a prime example.
No-Bake Peppermint Cacao Empower Bars
- Food processor
- 8×8 baking tin
- Mixing bowls
For the brownie layer
- 1 Gratisfied Empower Bar Cacao baking mix pouch see note
- ½ cup creamy all-natural almond butter or use another nut or seed butter of choice
- ½ cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 20 large Medjool dates, pitted (about 18-20)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the white chocolate peppermint layer
- 1 9- to 12-ounce package of vegan white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons monk fruit powdered sugar Lakanto brand
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line an 8×8 baking tin with parchment paper.
- Make the brownie layer. In a food processor, combine Empower Bar Cacao baking mix, almond butter, dairy-free milk, Medjool dates, and peppermint extract, Blend until a thick, sticky dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to the baking tin, and press it firmly into the bottom. Place the tin in the freezer.
- Make the white chocolate layer. In a microwaveable-safe dish, combine the white chocolate chips and coconut oil. Heat on high for one minute. Stir vigorously with a fork until the chocolate blends with the coconut oil and the mixture becomes creamy. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds until mixture becomes creamy.
- Add the powdered monk fruit sugar and peppermint extract to the white chocolate mixture. Transfer over the brownie layer, and place the baking tin back in the freezer. Chill for at least 2 hours to set. Then store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Slice into squares, or in desired serving size.