While I am not one to recommend juice cleanses or detoxes, sometimes our digestive systems need some support. I once heard a quote from an Ayurvedic practitioner, that our food should be the consistency of baby food when we swallow. Chewing is the number one way in which to achieve that, but otherwise, meals in the form of soups and smoothies can give your gut a break .
This soup is chock full of nutrition. Phytonutrients from plants are so healing, and even though the color may make it seem unappetizing, the spices and flavors meld together beautifully to result in a delicious bowl of plant-based goodness. With the weather getting cooler, this comforting option will warm you from the inside out.
Green Reset Soup
- 2 large handfuls organic spinach
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1 small handful of microgreens for topping (optional)
- Heat ghee or coconut oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add diced yellow onion and garlic. Season with sea salt and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add zucchini and cauliflower and broccoli florets and season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook 10 minutes until vegetables soften. Add grated ginger and stir.
- Add vegetable stock and increase heat to medium high. Cover the soup pot with a lid and bring it to boil.
- Cook 10 more minutes. Add spinach and parsley, stirring until greens start to wilt and are incorporated (less than 1 minute). Add turmeric, sea salt, coconut cream, and a dash of black pepper. Stir again until everything is blended.
- Turn off the heat. Blend soup with an immersion blender or a regular blender until creamy and smooth. Transfer to bowls, top with microgreens if desired and enjoy!