I remember years ago learning I was intolerant to dairy. It immediately explained the gut and skin issues that had plagued me for as long as I could remember. Giving it up however was another story; more “easier said than done.” I loved my morning Greek yogurt and occasional wine and cheese plate. Since then, I have learned to love the foods I have found to replace traditional dairy sources (yes even the cheese plate, stay tuned for a future post!). There are many dairy-free yogurts out there, yet cashew cream is unique! It offers a similar consistency that can be enjoyed on it’s own, as a base for your breakfast, or even made into plant-based “cheesecakes.” Find our favorite recipe below!
- High-speed Blender
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked at least 4-6 hours (or ideally overnight)
- ½ cup dairy-free milk of choice (i.e. almond or coconut)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toppings of choice (we recommend Empower Bar Cacao crumbles and goji berries as pictured above)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Process until smooth and creamy.