So regularly we see recipes online that provide a list of ingredients, often including “a nut butter of choice” as one of the staples. If you are not well versed in the world of nut butters, you may always reach for good ole fashioned peanut butter, or also quite popular, almond butter. These are delicious go-tos, but have you ever considered dipping your toes in the wide world of nut butters? We have compiled a quick list of unique, super easy to make butters that would pair perfectly with any recipe, sandwich, toast, or straight out of the jar. Oh, and did we mention that the Gratisfied Bars are the perfect vessel for nut butters too? Just slap some on top and enjoy. Pics and recipes below!
Pumpkin Spiced Pecan Butter
- 2-3 cups raw pecans
- 2 heaping teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spread pecans evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer pecans to a high-speed blender. Turn on medium speed, slowly incorporating pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Use the tamper if you need to scrape down the sides.
- Keep on low to medium speed until creamy.
- Transfer pecan butter to a mason jar and store in the fridge or pantry.
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, softened (you can either buy it in store, or make it yourself by putting unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor)
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- To soften coconut butter, we suggest putting a jar in your oven and pushing preheat to 350 degrees. By the time your oven is preheated, the coconut butter will have softened! Or leave it in until desired consistency.
- Mix in ghee and vanilla until it is a soft, buttery consistency.
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 2½ – 3 cups raw hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread hazelnuts evenly on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes until golden brown and fragrant.
- Transfer hazelnuts to high-speed blender, increasing speed until hazelnuts are very finely chopped (~3 minutes).
- Once chopped, use the tamper to continue to blend until the mixture starts to form a "butter" consistency.
- Add the cocoa or cacao and vanilla extract and continue to blend on medium until desired consistency.
- Transfer to a mason jar and allow mixture to return to room temperature before storing.
I encourage you to take some of this time spent at home to get creative in your kitchen, and I think that these spreads are a really easy way to do that! While the Empower Bar and V Bar are always a delicious way to eat these butters, the possibilities for how you incorporate them into your meals are endless. Happy blending!
N E W I N W H O L E F O O D S
We get so excited to hear requests of where you guys want to see Gratisfied Bars stocked, and we have been working really hard to make Whole Foods a top priority! Check out all of the new locations we have recently been added to, and check out the store locator on our website for the full list (all retailers, not just Whole Foods)!
W F M – A N N A P O L I S , M . D .
W F M – K E N T L A N D S , M . D .
W F M – P I T T S B U R G H , P . A .
W F M – L A N C A S T E R , P . A .
W F M – W Y N N E W O O D , P . A .
W F M – T Y S O N S C O R N E R , V . A .
W F M – T E N L E Y T O W N , D . C .
If you have friends or family that live in these areas, please let them know! We would be so excited to see the Empower Bar sell well at these brand new locations! So many more to come, so stay tuned!