Mindbodygreen recently published an article analyzing the difference between parsley and cilantro. Not only do these two herbs look the same, but their nutritional benefits beg you to start incorporating them into your diet. They can be consumed cooked or raw, from using them to punch up the flavor in your soups to throwing them into your blender for smoothies. These potent plants are chock full of nutrition, containing anti-inflammatory antioxidants that support blood sugar, brain health, and immunity.
Our favorite way to consume them kills two birds with one stone: Chimichurri Sauce! Find our flavorful recipe below.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place everything in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a small bowl and allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving if able. It is even better the next day!